- Personal Data Protection
- Right to correct and access personal data
- Private Healthcare Facilities & Services Act 1998
Rejang Specialist Hospital is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data. This personal data protection notice explains how we handle and collect your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act of 2010. Please note that Rejang Specialist Hospital may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment by email or through our website.
Type of Personal Data
Personal data refers to any information which relates to you and was provided or collected by Rejang Specialist Hospital for the purpose mentioned in Section B below.
Your personal data may include your – Name, I.C Number, Contact Details, Medical History & Information, Banking Account & Financial Details, Security Recording/CCTV and GPS/Location Tracking Information.
Sources of Personal Data
Patient or Potential Client/Customer: Rejang Specialist Hospital gathers your personal data directly from you or indirectly from your legal representatives (i.e. next of kin, family members), agents and/or employers who send us a completed enquiry, registration and/or application forms through various methods including physical hardcopies and online, in our premises or at public venues. Your personal data may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
Potential Independent Consultants or Independent Consultants: Rejang Specialist Hospital gathers your personal data directly from you or indirectly from recruiting agencies when you and/or our recruiters send us completed applications forms, enquiries or curriculum vitaes through various methods including physical hardcopies and online. Your personal data may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
Service Providers, Suppliers or Vendors: Rejang Specialist Hospital gathers your personal data directly from your or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for projects, when you send us completed enquiries and/or credit application forms through various methods including physical hardcopies and online. Your personal data may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
Obligatory Personal Data
All information requested for, in the relevant forms is obligated to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we would be unable to process your request and/or provide you with the relevant services required.
Reason for collecting & further processing (including disclosing) your personal data
For potential clients/customers, potential independent consultant, independent consultants, services providers, suppliers or vendors: your personal data is collected and further processed by Rejang Specialist Hospital as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction including the following:
- To facilitate your medical practice/treatment within Rejang Specialist Hospital, including sharing your personal data with other independent consultants within Rejang Specialist Hospital for the reason of peer review.
- To contact you regarding promotions, commercial materials, services, advertising, products, upcoming events and marketing which we may feel that interest you.
- To communicate and administer with you in relation to our events and/or services
- To communicate and administer with you in relation to your medical treatment/care.
- To give and administer effect to your commercial transaction (consignment agreement, contract for services, tender award).
- To operate our premises in a manner which is secure, physically safe and befitting of health and safety requirements.
- To ensure that the information from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device.
- To process your credit account application.
- To assess your credit worthiness.
- To conduct with Rejang Specialist Hospital’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of it’s business,
- To process any payments relevant to you.
- To conduct internal audits and statistical analysis and analysis of patient case studies.
- To facilitate your participation in any events or contest.
- To process your requested medical services.
- For internal investigation, audits or security purposes.
- For Rejang Specialist Hospital internal records management.
- For insurance purposes.
Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from Rejang Specialist Hospital, you may opt-out from receiving such promotional or marketing material at any time. You may select the “unsubscribe” option provided in Rejang Specialist Hospital’s email.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Entities within Rejang Specialist Hospital of Companies
Your personal data provided to us may be processed by entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within the Rejang Specialist Hospital Group of companies (including related companies, associated companies, outsourcing partners, holding companies and subsidiaries), especially when you are an employee of any company within Rejang Specialist Hospital Group of Companies.
Rejang Specialist Hospital will ensure that:
- Only necessary data is release to the relevant employees.
- Access t your personal data is restricted to staff who are contractually required to process your personal data in accordance with their respective job requirements.
Classes of third parties
Your personal data maybe disclosed to relevant third parties (in or ouside of Malaysia) as required un law, pursuant to the relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint a third party service provider) or for the purposes stated in Section B above (or directly related to those purposes).
In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, merger acquisition, reorganisation or disposal (“Transaction”) your personal data may be required to be transferred or disclosed to a third party as a result of the transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such transfer and disclosure may occur and permit Rejang Specialist Hospital to release your personal data to the other party and its representative/advisors.
For patients or potential patients/clients, potential independent consultant, independent consultant, service providers, vendors or suppliers; your data may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- The Ministry of Health or non-statutory or any other statutory bodies or authorities or jurisdiction established by the MOH and other relevant government agencies or departments;
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on behalf (such as printing companies, contractors, company secretary, auditors, conference/event organisers, insurance companies, lawyers and other advisers);
- Relevant accreditation bodies such as the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSOH)
- In the case of pre-employment health screenings, or prospective employer/to the patients’ employer;
- The respective foreign embassies of foreign patients who receive treatment in Rejang Specialist Hospital;
- Government Healthcare institutions or third party private healthcare institutions;
- Law enforcement agencies, including the local police and,
- Our independent specialist and consultant within Rejang Specialist Hospital.
Links to other sites
Links to other sites is provided for your information and convenience. These sites may have their own privacy statement in place. Which we recommend you to review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
Location enabled applications or products
Location enabled products or applications transmit your location information to us. We do not use the data sent or provided other than to provide the service you request. Location enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time and uninstall them.
Some mobile applications will use Google Analytics (or similar) to help us better serve you through improved services, revisions and products to the mobile applications. This collected data will not identify you to us. It may however, let you know anonymously, which features and services you are using the most within the application, as well as hardware features and device type, language and country of download.
- The time ad date you access each page on our website
- The URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer) and
- The Web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
Some web pages may require you to provide a limited amount of personal data in order to enjoy certain service on our website (system login credentials, contact, email address, etc.). The personal data gathered will only be used for its intended purposes only; e.g. to respond to your message or deliver the requested services.
You have the right to correct and access your personal data held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal data is accurate and up to date – therefore we ask that if there are changes to your data, you should notify us directly.
If you would like to correct or access your personal data, please contact Rejang Specialist Hospital or email you enquiry to the contact details below:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the manner in which Rejang Specialist Hospital processes your personal data will also be subject to other industry-specific laws and guidelines; e.g.: Private Health care Facilities & Services Act 1998 (PHFSA), Ministry of Health guidelines etc.
Your right to access personal data may be restricted if it is regulated under any other law. For example, access to medical records will be in accordance with the PHFSA.
In the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia or Chinese Data Protection Notice, the terms in the English language notice shall prevail.